Asparagus with Lemon Butter
Everyday Food, April 2005
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Bring 2 inches salted water to a boil in a wide (10-inch) saucepan or skillet.
- Place asparagus in saucepan; cook until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Return asparagus to pan; toss with butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.