Snap Peas with Mint
Fresh mint adds another layer of flavor to this side dish.
Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound trimmed snap peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, bring 1/4 cup water and butter to a boil over high. Add snap peas; cover, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Remove lid; reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until peas are crisp-tender and water has evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss with mint leaves; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.