- 1 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- 12 ears corn, husked
- Grated cotija or parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Puree cilantro, butter, lime zest and juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with some of the cilantro butter, and season with salt. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until nicely charred and bright in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Brush corn again with remaining cilantro butter. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Serve warm.
Cilantro butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.