- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (such as shiitake, white button, and cremini), stem ends trimmed, finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, about 7 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes more. Stir in parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Let cool completely.
Serve on toast points with whipped goat cheese and fresh parsley, as shown, or use it as a filling for ravioli or omelets.