Bacon-Cheddar Melts with Chutney Mustard
The chutney mustard can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Source: Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 12 slices baguette
- 1/2 cup Chutney Mustard (http://www.marthastewart.com/257828/chutney-mustard)
- 12 slices cooked bacon, drained well on paper towels and halved crosswise
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toast baguette slices directly on oven rack until lightly browned. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread top of each slice with chutney mustard. Divide bacon evenly among toasts; sprinkle with cheese. Top with onion slices. Return to oven, and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.