Cranberry, Sour Cherry, and Grapefruit Chutney
Sweet-tart and spiced with cardamom and cloves, this chutney is delicious with any type of poultry or game bird, including duck and quail. The recipe was first featured in Martha Stewart Holiday Season's Eatings.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits, pith and peel removed, separated into segments
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, vinegar, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cranberries just begin to burst and soften, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in cherries, and transfer mixture to a bowl. Let cool completely, then gently mix in grapefruit. Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 5 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.