Hoisin-Roasted Game Hens
Hoisin, which is a blend of soybeans, garlic, chiles, and spices, is available in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 Cornish game hens (each about 2 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (2-inch piece)
- 2 fresh red chiles, seeded and minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup hoisin, plus more for basting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place hens in a roasting pan. Mix together garlic, ginger, and chiles in a small bowl. Rub garlic mixture over hens and under skin; stuff cavities with cilantro sprigs. Tie legs of each hen together with kitchen twine. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Remove hens from refrigerator, and brush with 1/2 cup hoisin. Roast 35 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally with extra hoisin. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.