Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
This recipe for roasted chicken and vegetables from "Everyday Food: Great Food Fast" is a classic meal, perfect for any night of the week.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the squash, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and oil in a roasting pan; season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast until the squash is beginning to soften and all the vegetables are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lift up the skin from the chicken breasts; rub the flesh with rosemary and some salt and pepper. Replace the skin; season the chicken all over with more salt.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and place the chicken, skin side up, on top of the vegetables. Return to the oven; continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.