Green Beans Vinaigrette
On their own, lettuce, radicchio, green beans, or corn might be a tad ho-hum. But toss them with Lemon Vinaigrette, and you've got four stellar sides to sample. Keep a jar of the dressing in the fridge, and let it upgrade all sorts of veggies.
Everyday Food, March 2007
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1 shallot, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/285190/lemon-vinaigrette-to-make-1-12-cup)
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water; set aside. Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan with a lid. Fill with enough salted water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Place green beans in basket, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover pan; steam until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Using tongs
or a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice water to stop cooking; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place on a serving platter. Top with shallot, and drizzle with vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.