Smoked Salmon and Endive Tea Sandwiches
When filling sandwiches, make sure salmon slices go slightly outside the bread; when you cut off the crusts, the filling will go to the edge.
Martha Stewart Living, April/May 1994
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 scallion, white and light-green parts, finely chopped
- 4 slices black bread
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, preferably Scotch, thinly sliced
- 1 head endive, leaves separated and washed
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with a wooden spoon until soft. Stir in scallions. Spread mixture thinly on bread.
- Place salmon on 2 slices; top with endive. Cover with remaining slices and press down.
- Chill until firm, trim edges of bread to form rectangles, and cut lengthwise into quarters.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.