Chicken Cutlets with Paul Sorvino
- 2 cups Wondra flour, for dredging
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 6 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound) or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally and pounded 1/2-inch thick
- Sauteed Broccoli Rabe Sauteed Broccoli Rabe (http://www.marthastewart.com/254525/sauteed-broccoli-rabe), optional
- Combine flour with salt and pepper in a shallow dish, and set alongside a shallow dish containing eggs, and another shallow dish containing breadcrumbs, Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working with one cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture, dip into eggs, and transfer to breadcrumbs, coating both sides completely. Gently place in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining cutlets. Serve with sauteed broccoli rabe, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.