Herbed Pita Toast with Feta Cheese
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Martha Stewart Living, March 2000
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-ounce block feta cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake until crispy and lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and break pitas in half. Slice feta cheese, drizzle with olive oil, and serve with herbed pita halves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.