Serve with Steamed Artichokes or Asparagus for a delicious spring side dish.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 12 shallots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Banyuls vinegar
- 1/3 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium high-sided skillet, combine shallots and Banyuls vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer and let cook until shallots are softened and almost all the liquid has evaporated, adding a splash of water, as necessary, to keep shallots from burning. Remove from heat and transfer shallots to a medium bowl; whisk in rice-wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in oil until an emulsion is formed; season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.