Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Coarse salt
- 1 sweet potato
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat cut-side of squash with butter; season with salt. Transfer to a roasting pan filled with 1/4-inch water, skin-side down. Cover with parchment paper-lined foil; bake until squash is tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prick potato all over using a fork; place on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh from both squash and potato; transfer to blender. Add cinnamon, if desired; puree until smooth.
- Allow to cool before serving. Use immediately, or freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.