Roasted Beets and Potatoes
This recipe for roasted beets and potatoes is courtesy of chef Jamie Oliver, and can be found in his book, "Cook with Jamie."
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
- 4 1/2 pounds red and yellow beets, scrubbed
- 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and halved crosswise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Small bunches fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place beets in a large pot filled with salted water. Bring to a boil, and immediately reduce to a simmer, cook about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill another large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt, return to a boil and add potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes and drain immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain beets and peel immediately. Cut each beet in half and add to a large bowl along with potatoes, garlic, thyme, vinegar and olive oil; toss to combine.
- Place beets and potatoes in a large roasting pan; transfer to oven and cook until golden and tender, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.