This delicious recipe for eggs benedict is courtesy of Josh Eden.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 1 cup white-wine vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices Canadian bacon (1/4 inch each)
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- Hollandaise (http://www.marthastewart.com/254505/hollandaise)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Roasted Potatoes (http://www.marthastewart.com/254506/roasted-potatoes), for serving
- In a large saucepan, bring vinegar and 16 cups water to a boil over high heat; immediately reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Crack each egg into an individual bowl, checking for shells. Working in two batches, gently drop eggs, one at a time, into simmering water and cook for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat process until all eggs are cooked. Let water continue to simmer.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook Canadian bacon for one minute on each side; remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Return eggs to simmering water until heated through, about 1 minute. Place each English muffin face up on a plate. Top each muffin half with a slice of Canadian bacon and a poached egg. Top eggs with Hollandaise sauce and garnish with chives. Serve immediately with roasted potatoes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.