This simple recipe for eggs benedict makes the perfect Sunday brunch meal.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- Hollandaise Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/255389/hollandaise-sauce)
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon (8 slices)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split in half, toasted
- 2 slices white bread, for draining
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Snipped chives, for garnish
- Prepare hollandaise sauce, and set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add Canadian bacon, and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Fill a large saucepan with about 4 inches of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat under saucepan to medium, so water is just barely simmering. Break 1 egg at a time into a small heatproof bowl. Gently tip bowl into water; carefully slide in the egg. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Divide the bacon among the English muffin halves. When the eggs begin to become opaque, remove them from the saucepan with a slotted spoon in the order in which they were added. Set spoon and egg briefly on a slice of bread to drain. Gently place egg on a bacon-topped muffin, and spoon reserved warm hollandaise sauce over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.