Martha Stewart Living, January 2003
- 4 slices white bread, crusts trimmed, torn into pieces
- 8 small sage leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large whole egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- Cheater's Gravy (http://www.marthastewart.com/259743/cheaters-gravy), for serving
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes (http://www.marthastewart.com/263186/garlic-mashed-potatoes), for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in center. Place bread and sage leaves in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to form fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl, and add ground turkey.
- Place onion and celery in bowl of food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add to turkey mixture, using hands to combine. Add thyme, whole egg, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, mustard, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire, and salt; season with pepper. Combine well. Place in a 9-by- 5-by-2 1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine egg white with remaining tablespoon tomato paste and 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire, whisking with a fork until smooth. Spoon mixture over meatloaf; spread to coat evenly.
- Transfer pan to oven; place a baking sheet on lower rack to catch drippings. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in center of meatloaf registers 180 degrees, about 1 1/4 hours. Remove from oven; let rest 15 minutes covered with foil.
- To serve, cut meatloaf into 12 slices, and divide evenly among six serving plates. Serve immediately with mashed potatoes and hot gravy.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.