Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
To prepare brussels sprouts, leave outer leaves intact and trim stem end flush with base of sprout. Remove any discolored outer leaves. Score by cutting an X into stem end; this allows for even cooking.
Everyday Food, November 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast, tossing occasionally, until sprouts are browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place in center of baking sheet (push sprouts to sides). Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.