This fast-cooking Moroccan chicken is sweetened with honey, warmed by ginger, and flecked with fresh tomatoes.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 6 ounces)
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Couscous (http://www.marthastewart.com/257803/couscous)
- So that everything is ready at the same time, start the couscous while the chicken is simmering; then keep the couscous covered until ready to serve.
- In a large (10-inch) skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, ginger, teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, half the cilantro, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated but is still somewhat saucy, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in honey; add chicken and zucchini. Return to a simmer; cover. Cook, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining cilantro. Serve over couscous.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.