Try this creative egg and sourdough bread dish from Tini chef Darius Salko for a meal worthy of any occasion.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 1 thin slice sourdough bread, about 1/4-inch thick
- Garlic Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/255893/garlic-butter), room temperature
- 1 large egg, preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces, for serving
- Preheat a broiler.
- Brush both sides of bread lightly with garlic butter and cut into 1/4-inch cubes. Place bread cubes in a 4-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, parsley, and salt; season with pepper. When bread cubes begin to turn golden and garlic is fragrant, add egg mixture to skillet. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the cooked eggs from the side of the skillet, tilting pan to let the raw egg take its place; cook until no raw egg remains.
- Transfer to broiler and cook until egg is set, but still glossy, 10 to 15 seconds. Serve immediately, topped with scallion slices.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.