Everyday Food, December 2006
Yield Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1 small shallot, peeled, finely minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in oregano, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.