Savory Oatmeal and Soft-Cooked Egg
Everyday Food, October 2010
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion greens
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add oats and pinch of salt; stir, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a small nonstick pan over medium. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Add egg and cook until white is set and yolk is still runny, about 3 minutes. Season egg to taste with salt and pepper. Serve oatmeal in a bowl topped with cheese, egg, and scallion greens.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.