Ratatouille Phyllo Wraps
These crisp phyllo bundles are great as hors d'oeuvres or served with roasted chicken or fish.
Everyday Food, October 2010
- 7 sheets phyllo
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooled <u>Ratatouille</u>
- 1/2 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a work surface, and, with a pastry brush, brush lightly with olive oil. Stack 6 more phyllo sheets on top, brushing each with oil. Cut phyllo in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, mix ratatouille, breadcrumbs, and feta; season with salt and pepper. With a spoon, spread mixture lengthwise down center of each phyllo half. Fold one side of each phyllo half over mixture and roll into a log. Cut each log into 6 equal pieces and arrange on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water. Brush tops and sides of each piece with yolk mixture. Bake until phyllo is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.