Smoked-Trout Pate with Pita Crisps
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 1 pound smoked trout fillet, skinned and deboned
- 1/4 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pita Crisps (http://www.marthastewart.com/283374/pita-crisps), for serving
- Puree trout, cream cheese, butter, Cognac, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and dill in a food processor. Add lemon juice, a few drops of hot sauce, salt, and pepper, and pulse. Transfer to a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight). Garnish with more onion and dill, and serve with pita crisps.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.