Orzo with Peas and Mint
Photography: RICHARD GERHARD JUNG
Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- 1 cup orzo (Greek pasta)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled, or 2 cups frozen peas
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and lemon zest, and saute until translucent.
- Add peas, and cook until bright green and tender, adding a little water if shallots brown before peas are tender.
- Add cooked orzo, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in mint.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.