Gnocchi with Bacon and Tomato
Using our straightforward technique for making gnocchi, create quick and simple recipes like this dish of gnocchi tossed with bacon and fresh tomato sauce.
Everyday Food, September 2010
- 5 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and diced medium
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 batch Simple Potato Gnocchi (http://www.marthastewart.com/284779/simple-potato-gnocchi)
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, shaved
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp. Drain on paper towels; pour out all but 2 teaspoons fat from skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to break down and sauce is chunky, 6 minutes. Add gnocchi and bacon. Toss until gnocchi are heated through and
coated with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.