Spinach and Mushroom Salad with White-Bean Toasts
This lunch's ingredients are made from yesterday's dinner leftovers. (See White-Bean-Stuffed Portobellos.)
Everyday Food, October 2010
- reserved cooked portobello mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick (See <u>White-Bean-Stuffed Portobellos</u>)
- 1 1/2 pounds reserved spinach (See <u>White-Bean-Stuffed Portobellos</u>)
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for squeezing over toasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling over toasts
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 thick slices crusty bread, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- reserved white beans, mashed (See <u>White-Bean-Stuffed Portobellos</u>)
- Toss sliced mushrooms with spinach and feta. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Rub toasted bread with garlic. Divide mashed beans among toasts. Squeeze lemon juice over toasts and drizzle with olive oil. Serve toasts alongside salad.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.