This popular dish is usually prepared with sunny-side up fried eggs; we made it with scrambled eggs to save time.
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Sauce Rancheros (http://www.marthastewart.com/261078/sauce-rancheros)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced avocado, sour cream, and chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush tortillas on both sides with 2 tablespoons canola oil; lay on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp and brown around edges, 7 to 10 minutes.
- In bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook eggs, stirring, until set but still moist, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place tortillas on plates; top with eggs, sauce rancheros, and Monterey Jack. Garnish with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.