Chicken with Couscous and Orange
Utilize the supermarket staple of rotisserie chicken to create this simple dinner. Shred the chicken and combine with couscous, mint, and orange to create a refreshing meal.
Everyday Food, October 2010
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 navel orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over couscous. Cover and let sit until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In another medium bowl, combine chicken, pistachios, orange, mint, oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss couscous with chicken mixture.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.