Almond-crusted chicken is a satisfying springtime entree.
Photography: RICHARD GERHARD JUNG
Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), split
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, season bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons water, and beat lightly. Dip chicken in egg, wiping away excess with your fingers, and dip in bread-crumb mixture. Dredge until lightly coated. Dip in egg again, and coat thoroughly with almonds.
- Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until nicely browned, about 3 minutes, and turn over. Cook 1 minute more; then transfer pan to oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.