Meyer Lemon Curd
Use this great Meyer lemon curd recipe from Vanilla Bake Shop to make their wonderful Meyer Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- Yield Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- Prepare and ice-water bath. Set a medium bowl in ice-water bath and set aside.
- Place sugar and lemon zest in a mortar and grind with a pestle to combine and release the oils. Transfer sugar mixture to a medium heatproof bowl along with eggs and egg yolks; whisk to combine. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add lemon juice and continue whisking until mixture is thick and reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add butter and whisk until well combined.
- Strain lemon mixture through a fine mesh sieve set over prepared bowl. Cover lemon curd with plastic wrap, pressing plastic wrap directly onto surface. Transfer to refrigerator until completely chilled.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.