Mexican Grilled Corn
If corn on the cob is pure Americana, then this cheesy, chili-flecked Mexican rendition is pure genius -- straight from Iowa. Larger cheese counters may carry queso fresco or cotija, two Mexican cheeses that give a real-deal touch when swapped with the Parmesan in this recipe.
Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, preferably chipotle
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to high. Place cheese on a plate or in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Brush corn with butter, and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush corn with mayonnaise, and roll in cheese to coat. Sprinkle with chili powder; serve with lime wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.