Mint, Cucumber, and Vodka Cocktails
Martha Stewart Living, February 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 English cucumbers
- Small ice cubes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) vodka
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- Cut 4 thin spears from 1 cucumber, and reserve for garnish. Peel remaining cucumbers, and quarter them lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with a spoon, and discard. Coarsely chop cucumbers, then puree in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add mint, sugar, and lime juice, and shake. Add 3/4 cup cucumber juice, the vodka, and Cointreau, and shake. Strain into 4 glasses filled with ice. Garnish each cocktail with a cucumber spear.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.