Sauteed Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Sauteing yields deliciously caramelized chicken; work in two batches so the skillet isn't crowded.
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Cooked noodles or rice (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in two batches, turning occasionally, until browned and opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add mushrooms, asparagus, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing once and scraping up browned bits, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chicken; cook, tossing, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve on top of noodles or rice, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.