Roasted Fennel and Green Bean Relish
This delicious recipe for roasted fennel and green bean relish is from chef Emeril Lagasse's cookbook, "Emeril's Creole Christmas."
The Martha Stewart Show, November Holiday 2007
- 1 large bulb fennel (about 1 pound), trimmed, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound haricots verts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fennel and onions in a roasting pan. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to oven and roast until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add haricots verts to boiling water and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer haricots verts to ice water-bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- Combine fennel mixture with haricots verts and transfer to a serving platter. Serve at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.