Individual Heart Pizzas
- Cornmeal, for baking sheet
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough (available from grocery stores or pizza parlors)
- 1 cup Red Pepper Pesto Red Pepper Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/256195/red-pepper-pesto)
- 1 1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Lightly dust two baking sheets with cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four equal pieces. Using your hands or a lightly floured rolling pin, stretch dough to form 8-inch rounds about 1/4 inch thick. If the dough begins to contract as you roll, let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling again.
- Transfer the dough rounds to the prepared pans. Using scissors, cut a V into one piece of dough to create the center notch of a heart shape. Stretch and pinch the opposite side to form the pointed end of the heart. Crimp the dough gently around the edge to form a border. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Divide pesto between dough, spreading in a thin even layer. Top with cheese, as desired, and sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper. Bake until crust is golden and cooked through, about 14 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.