Mix and Match Melon Soup
You can combine these two contrasting soups however you please. Spoon them side by side in the bowl, or pool one inside the other.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1996
- 1/2 large honeydew melon, seeds and rind removed, cut into large chunks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Moscato d'Asti, or other sparkling wine or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cantaloupe, seeds and rind removed, cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche, or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor, puree honeydew, lime juice, moscato, mint, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate.
- Rinse out food-processor bowl. In food processor, puree cantaloupe, creme fraiche, honey, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. Both soups can be made 24 hours in advance.
- To serve soups, divide three-fourths of the honeydew soup among four soup bowls, and divide three-fourths of the cantaloupe soup among four other soup bowls. Garnish each serving of honeydew soup with remaining cantaloupe soup, and each serving of cantaloupe soup with remaining honeydew soup. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.