BBQ Chicken in the Microwave with Coleslaw
Everyday Food, April 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup store-bought barbecue sauce, room temperature
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 head green cabbage (about 1 pound), shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, turning over halfway through. Drain liquid from dish. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce.
- While chicken is cooking, make coleslaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and garlic. Add cabbage and carrot to dressing mixture, and toss to combine. Serve chicken with coleslaw.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.