Garlic-Chile Shrimp Skewers with Peanut Noodles and Broccoli
You can use either metal, bamboo, or wooden skewers for this recipe; they should be at least 8 inches long.
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 32 large frozen shrimp, (1 1/2 pounds), peeled, deveined, thawed
- Garlic-Chile Oil (http://www.marthastewart.com/254639/garlic-chile-oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds (1 to 2 heads) broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Make peanut noodles: Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions; drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add spaghetti, season with salt, and toss to combine; set aside.
- Make shrimp skewers and broccoli: Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers (4 shrimp each); transfer to a broiler pan or broilerproof baking sheet. (If using bamboo or wooden skewers, cover exposed parts with aluminum foil to prevent scorching.) Dividing evenly, spoon 2 tablespoons garlic-chile oil onto shrimp; set aside.
- Place broccoli, 1 tablespoon Garlic-Chili Oil, and 3/4 cup water in a large skillet. Simmer, covered, over medium heat, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil shrimp until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with noodles and broccoli; drizzle all with remaining garlic-chile oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.