Cabbage-and-Herb Slaw with Oranges
Generous amounts of basil and parsley invigorate the slaw.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small head Savoy cabbage, cored and shredded (2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil, leaves torn
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut peel and pith from oranges. Slice oranges along membranes to release segments, letting segments and any juices fall into a bowl. Squeeze juice from membranes over segments, and discard membranes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the orange juice and the champagne vinegar in a small bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Combine cabbage, parsley, basil, scallions, and orange segments in a serving bowl. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.