Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as a dry burgundy
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 10 sprigs curly parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons demi-glace
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil until bubbling and hot, about 1 minute, in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Remove skillet from heat; add the wine, garlic, butter, mushrooms, parsley, and demi-glace. Season with salt and pepper. Return to heat, and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and the sauce is thick and reduced enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.