Blue Cheese-Pecan Icebox Crackers
This recipe is adapted from "Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook" (Clarkson Potter, 1999).
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2005
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) pecan halves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces blue cheese, such as Danish blue, crumbled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool. Transfer pecans to the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Transfer ground pecans into a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour and pecans in the bowl of a food processor; pulse briefly to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese; process until dough comes together and is well combined.
- Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape dough into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Slice chilled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake immediately, rotating once, until crackers are grolden brown and firm in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Crackers may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.