This salad recipe is from chef John Besh of August restaurant. Serve with his Slow-Cooked Louisiana Shrimp and Grits for a delicious dinner.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 2 mirlitons, peeled, halved, pit removed, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Red-Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/259043/red-pepper-jelly-vinaigrette)
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil sprigs
- In a medium-size bowl, add mirlitons and vinaigrette; season with salt. Add chives and shallot; toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a second medium-size bowl.
- In the first medium bowl, add greens, dill, and chervil; toss to combine.
- Divide mirliton mixture evenly between each of six plates. Top with greens; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.