Easy Fudge Sauce
Together, semisweet and unsweetened chocolates give the best fudgy flavor. Semisweet used on its own would make the sauce too sweet and unsweetened alone would be bitter. Use this as a topping for our Ice Cream Sundaes.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of coarse salt
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and heavy cream to a boil over medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes. Add butter and both chocolates, and stir until chocolates melt and sauce is smooth, 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.