- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Add oats, raisins, and coconut; beat just until combined.
- Drop level 1/4-cup measures of dough, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies have spread and are golden brown and soft to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Freeze unbaked cookies on baking sheet until firm, about 30 minutes. Transfer to resealable plastic bags (label and date); keep up to 6 months. Bake as many as you need (without thawing); place 1 1/2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.