Asian Pear Salad
Delicious as a simple snack, Asian pears also work well with savory and sweet dishes. Its snappy texture is good with greens, prosciutto, and dates in a seasonal salad.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 dried dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup (about 8 sprigs) loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 Asian pear, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 4 cups (about 11 ounces) mixed frisee baby arugula, and other small greens
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add dates, prosciutto, mint, and pear. Toss to coat well. Add greens, and toss again. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.