Egg Salad with Chutney Mayonnaise
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup <u>Chutney Mayonnaise</u>
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Hot pepper sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Toasted bread and watercress sprigs (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place eggs in a saucepan with water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Drain; hold under cold running water until cool, then peel and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, Chutney Mayonnaise, onion, and a few dashes hot sauce; season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve on toast, topped with watercress and sprinkled lightly with cayenne, as desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.