Spice-Rubbed Strip Steak
The spice rub can be doubled or tripled; keep the extra in an airtight container.
Everyday Food, July/August
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole dill seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 bone-in strip steaks (10 to 12 ounces and 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick each)
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- Combine peppercorns, coriander, dill, red-pepper flakes, and salt in a small dish. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of steaks.
- Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Place steaks on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat is desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.