Coconut and Tangerine Salad
This recipe is from Amy Faulstich, of Seattle.
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups torn green-leaf lettuce, (1 medium head)
- 2 tangerines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut and almonds in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, tossing once, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tangerine juice, vinegar, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, add olive oil in a slow stream.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce with tangerines and apple. Add coconut and almonds; toss salad with vinaigrette as desired. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.